Praise for the first Far Orbit anthology:
"FAR ORBIT is definitely a spectacular sci-fi anthology that is sure to entertain readers and keep them coming back for more. This is definitely one anthology that no sci-fi library should be without!" — Night Owl Reviews (Five Stars)
“Successfully captures the kinds of stories that were the gateway drugs for many of us who have been reading science fiction for a long time. Well done!” — Tangent
"Put aside all of your preconceived notions of what 'sci-fi' is — whether you think you love it or hate, it doesn't matter — pick up this book and get to reading!" — Good Choice Reading
Because adventure stories often take more space to develop, World Weaver Press is accepting stories up to 10,000 words in length.
Submission period is January 1 – March 31, 2015. Guidelines, submission method, and other details can be found on our Anthology Submissions page.
Want to know more about the editor’s preferences? Check out the links at the bottom of this post or pick up a copy of the first volume of Far Orbit to see which stories made the cut in the previous volume.
- Guest Blog on Fantasy Café (Grand Tradition SciFi)
- Grand Tradition SciFi (published for the first edition but it applies to Far Orbit: Apogee)
- Bascomb James's intro for the Far Orbit Anthology
- Musings on NASA’s Asteroid Retrieval Project and Sam Kepfield’s “Open for Business”
- Bear Essentials by Julie Frost, Introduction
- Composition in Death Minor by K.G. Jewell, Introduction
- Spaceman Barbecue by Peter Wood, Introduction
- From a Stone by Eric Choi, Introduction