We're pleased to announce a call for submissions for the latest project that teams Enchanted Conversation: A Fairy Tale Magazine editor, Kate Wolford, with World Weaver Press: Frozen Fairy Tales. Kate Wolford's previous WWP projects include Krampusnacht: Twelve Nights of Krampus and Beyond the Glass Slipper: Ten Neglected Fairy Tales To Fall In Love With.
Call for Frozen Fairy Tale Submissions:
In the bleak midwinter, the call of fairy tales can be especially irresistible. After all, fairy tales both take us out of our humdrum world and into the possibilities of what can be--or maybe even is. A fairy tale read in winter can help us dream through the the cold days and nights.
Yet, surprisingly few fairy tales are specifically set in winter. With Frozen Fairy Tales, we're hoping to remedy that.
In a joint venture between World Weaver Press and Enchanted Conversation: A Fairy Tale Magazine, we're opening up to submissions for a fairy tale collection set in winter. Details are below.
1) You must be 18 or older to submit.
2) Submissions must be in English, but submissions from all over the world are most welcome.
3) No stories connected to the movie Frozen will be considered. It's a great movie, but this anthology is not at all about that film.
4) Stories centered on winter holidays are most welcome, but stories do not need to be holiday focused. Krampus-themed stories will be considered, but please do not resubmit stories that were previously submitted for the Krampusnacht anthology.
5) A sense of winter and its perils and possibilities must be part your story.
6) This is a fairy tale collection, which means the sensibility of the stories should evoke classic fairy tales. You do not need to retell famous fairy tales reset in winter, but you may. Nonetheless, the classics have been retold a lot lately, so fresher takes with more originality stand a better chance of being selected, as do retellings of obscure fairy tales. But think winter!
7) Please, no erotica, children's stories, hard-core horror, or sci-fi. This anthology is aimed at an audience age 15 or older.
8) Open submission period: March 6 - May 15, 2015.
9) Length: Under 10,000 words.
10) Submission method: Email cover letter and story to enchantedconversation [at] gmail [dot] com with the subject line “Frozen Fairy Tales Anthology – story title.” Cover letter should contain your name, contact info, story’s title, and approximate word count; no need to summarize the story, let it speak for itself. Then paste the full story into the body of the email following your letter. Please make it very clear where paragraphs break — this means if your email doesn’t let you indent paragraphs, you’ll need to put an extra space between each paragraph for submission purposes. Do not send unrequested attachments. Simultaneous submissions = okay. Multiple submissions = no.
11) Rights and compensation: Payment: $20. All contributors will receive a paperback copy of the anthology. We are seeking first world rights in English and exclusive rights to publish in print and electronic format for twelve months after publication date after which publisher retains nonexclusive right to continue to publish for a term. No reprints will be considered. That means only previously unpublished works will be considered.
World Weaver Press
Publishing fantasy, paranormal, and science fiction.