- Experience editing (commercial) fiction / working with authors
- Query/slush reading experience
- Ability to bring 3-12 projects from slush to production each year (editor's availability will determine the number of projects to be stipulated in annual contract)
- Strong grasp of grammar, styling, and usage
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style, and Oxford (US) dictionary or Miriam Webster
- Education/coursework/employment in related field
- Ability to work remotely while staying in touch with WWP/Red Moon team via email and video conference
Assistant Editor position is responsible for selecting submissions from the query/reading phase of submission, bringing the project to Editor-in-Chief for approval, then completing substantive and line edits on the project in tandem with the author, and coordinating with the author through copyediting, production, and publicity. Editors who can successfully complete their own copyediting can increase their percentage of payment. All editors will be expected to attend a minimum of one video-conference office meeting per month (office meetings happen weekly).
Applicants should specify whether they are seeking to work with Red Moon Romance or World Weaver Press. Some training will be provided but experience is preferred and love of genre fiction is absolutely required. Previous WWP interns are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should contact publisher [at] worldweaverpress [dot] com with letter of interest and résumé directed to Eileen Wiedbrauk, Editor-in-Chief.
Edited to add: As of December 21, 2014, we are closed to applications for the Assistant Editor positions. All applicants have been notified by email that the search is closed. We look forward to introducing everyone to the new editors in January!